Thursday, September 4, 2008

Computer Problems and Show Time.

Let me start off by saying that I hate Computers!
They are nothing but trouble....Grrr. About two weeks ago my computer decided it was not going to turn on. The computer being a Dell Laptop at under a year old meaning I was still under warranty until September 1st. Yea, close call!!! Anyways, I contacted Dell, explained the problem and come to find out that my hard drive was done. So they sent me a replacement hard drive and now my computer is up and running again. Sounds good hu? Turns out that when you have to replace a new hard drive all the information that was on the orginial goes with that hard drive. Nedless to say I lost all the information on the old hard drive. I'm currently in the process of sending the old HD of and having a computer store try and retrieve as much information as possible. But If they can't get any information off of it, I have lost everything. I didn't think my brand new computer would crash so soon so I didn't think to make any backup discs. Learned my lesson on that one. Fortunatly, most of the music I had on my MP3 player and I have been able to get all my songs back. But I lost most of my old pictures and documents.... Oh, well I guess this gives me a chance to start new.

Anyways as for the chickens. I have some really nice birds coming along this year. Mostly Leghorns, some dutch and a very nice silkie pullet. I'm really looking forward to this fall show season, since this bunch of birds are the best I have ever owned. I'ts really exciting to know that you are actually winning with birds you have breed, hatched and condition yourself. I'm also looking forward to getting to talk with all the other exhibitors and hopefully clerk for a couple judges. I always learn the most listening to the more experienced breeders and clerking for a judge, its a lot of fun. The first show I will be attending will be the Southern Ohio Poultry Association Annual Fall Show October 4-5th 2008. I look forward to seeing you all there!

Here are a couple pictures of some very promising young birds.

Brd. Splash Silkie Pullet

SC White Leghorn Bantam Pullet (Layed her first Egg Today!)

Light Brown Dutch Bantam Cockerel

SC White Leghorn Pullet

Here is our little DD. She is really starting to fill out nicely. I can't wait to see her in Milk in next year!
Thats about it for today. I will be updating the website here shortly, once I get all my pcitures uploaded, and I will be adding a video to the Training your Harness goat page, hopefully. I might even upload some pictures of my art I have been working on, well see. Until next time!

1 comment:

MizGreenJeans said...

You've got some great looking birds there! We'll be at Lucasville next month, see you there!

Best,

Laura