Monday, October 13, 2008

Broke!

Yes, I am broke now.....LOL

Swap meet was a very big success. Buy noon Saturday, I had sold all the roosters I took to sell. It was so crowded by noon that it was very difficult to get to the different booths. But otherwise it was a really nice turn out.

I bought a Blue Leghorn Pullet, for my Black and Blue Leghorn breeding program. She is perfect and just what I was looking for. I only paid $5.00 for her, so that was a plus to.

I also bought a pair of Brd. Buff Silkies for mom. She had been looking for some Buff silkies and I found some nice birds (Unusual for Swap Meet). They are not show quality, but they definetly are breeder quality. It looks like we will have a nice flock of silkies come next spring.

My mom also bough a pair of English Angora Rabbits, for her Spinning venture. She got a four year old blonde doe and a year old tortis shell buck. They are so soft!!!! Mom is hoping to start spinning and making clothing here very soon. I have already ordered a scarf and a pair of socks! We will also be breeding them to sell at the Swap Meets and rabbit shows.

So needless to say between me and mom we are now broke! But it was really worth it to get some good birds. I plan on getting some pictures up sometime today or tomorow of all the new aditions.

No comments: