Thursday, April 3, 2008

New Additions!

Here are some pictures of our latest additions to the farm.

This is a little dairy buck kid. He is only two hours old in these pictures. He is solid black.


Here are our latest baby chicks. One of my breeder leghorn bantams decided that she wanted to go broody. She hatched six chicks, three dutch and three leghorn chicks. On of the little dutch chicks died right after hatching, the mother rejected it, but all the others are doing very good.

These are the chicks I posted a picture of on March 3rd. They have sure grown a lot and I am almost able to identify cockerels and pullets.I am also going to be selling almost my entire flock of Dutch Bantams at the Southern Ohio Poultry Association Spring Swap Meet, April 12-13 2008.
I had to make a decision to pick just one breed to concentrate on. Since I have been breeding my Dutch for over five years, I decided that I am going to concentrate on my Leghorn bantams. I will be adding SC Blue, Black, and Splash leghorns to my flock, and possibly some Light Brown and/or Dark Brown.
I also have a Year Old Female dairy goat doe for sale. She is small, about 22inches at the shoulder. Her father was a pure breed Oberhasli, and her mother was 1/2 Alpine, 1/2 Sannen. She should be an excellent milking doe. She is available for pickup on the farm only.

For more information E-Mail me at bluerunbantams_08@yahoo.com


No comments: