Monday, April 14, 2008

Some New Stuff

Well, this past weekend was a busy one! I spent most of Friday evening and all day Saturday at the Swap Meet. I took 26 birds and sold them all, I made $190.00 total. It was a little hard to sell of my Dutch Bantams as I have been working on them for about five years, but I managed. I picked up my trio of SC White Leghorn Bantams, they are beautiful! It was the coldest swap meet in a few years, 50's with a 50 mile per hour wind chill! BURR!!!! Anyways, I had a good time talking to old friends and conversing with other chicken people.

I have been working on a new art project, I want to start drawing game fowl in Graphite and Colored Pencil. I have no formal training, basically self taught, so I have to practice some before I finally get the hang of it. For years I have been able to draw just about anything, including people. I have never been able to draw poultry though, its really odd since thats my favorite subject. Here is my first attempt at Game Fowl in Graphite Pencil.
These images really don't do the picture justice. It looks a little better in person, for some reason it looks stretched somewhat. I think I am going to have to scan the images to get them to look good. This is just a first attempt, hopefully I will get better as I go along.

I'm going to work with the Graphite for now, since its what I am better at. I just want to get the basic shapes and shadows down first before I attempt colored pencil. My next drawing isn't going to be a game but a picture of my younger brother. I did a drawing of him a few years ago and mom really liked it. So I thought I might try it again with him being older.
I might decide on a different photo, but I think this one is going to work good. Its cute!

There isn't much else to report so here is the picture of the day.When I worked at the vets clinic, we had a Chinese restaurant right next door. I always wondered what they did with all those stray dogs?!?!


No comments: